Monday 25 February 2019

Garage Italauto - Robert Jankel Le Marquis - Ferrari 400 four doors

Last weekend I visited Italauto in Achterveld (http://www.italauto.nl/). Firstly because I got an invite since the shop got a new owner. Basicly one of the employees took it over. At the time I had my 400 checked up by them for the PPI. And afterwards I bought some additional parts and thats about it, so I'm not a regular returning customer.


Another reason why I visited the place was because I had an appointment made with someone from whom I bought some magazines and a brochure. The seller happened to be a brother of the founder of this company Italauto. Hows that? At the time Kees van Stokkum was running the shop he apparently had a customer who was potentially interested in a 4 doors Ferrari. As such he reached out to Robert Jankel to obtain a brochure with more detail about this car. So that's how he got ahold of this brochure.

When I was home again I found by surprise the letter was included with the brochure. So I'm including it here for completeness. Effectively it's mostly a Mercedes brochure with many unusual bespoke designs (to put it mildly). And it only contained one artistic drawing of the 4-door Ferrari. 

I also met Kees van Stokkum and had a brief chat with him beforehand but then I was unaware of this story so I could not ask more detail about this Dutch customer having the interest for this specific model ...

For the true brochure with the 4-door details see this blog:

https://erwin400.blogspot.com/2018/04/robert-jankel-design-le-marquis-ferrari.html


Arriving in style and parked it next to the Miami Vice TR:


The actual letter
The brochure:


The slide containing the 4-door Ferrari 400 drawing:



No comments:

Post a Comment