Sunday 22 March 2020

Ferrari 400i owner usage experience

This cool vintage photo got posted on Instagram and so I reached out to the owner. It's always nice to hear from 1st or 2nd hand owners regarding the experience and the reasoning why they particular choose this vehicle. Looks like this owner did not had much joy with it and disregarded the handling as well. So be it, thanks for sharing your story Fernando.


Hello Erwin, yes it's absolutely fine if you want to share the picture. I bought the 1982 400i in 1983 as I wanted a 4 seater sports car and I didn't want to buy a 4th BMW 635! I used the car on a daily basis to commute to my office in Central London. It was an automatic with a GM gearbox which wasn't famous. The car was wonderful to look at, a beautiful piece of machinery, inside and out, but the Italian mechanics left a lot to be desired... I remember taking it into an automatic car wash and when I was inside the car wash and pressed the window button to close the window...nothing happened! It was a wire over wheel system and the wire had become dislodged, so I got soaking wet! Servicing was expensive and they kept the car for 3 days! I also remember my builder telling me that he had just reversed his truck into my car! It cost over 1.500 GBP to fix the aluminium boot lid! The engine noise was orgasmic, but the handling was crap, even on a straight line. I only had it for 6 months and decided to go back to Germany for my cars and bought a brand new 1984 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2, of which I subsequently had 4, including a 2002 996 Turbo. I decided that I liked my women to be British, my cars German and my motorcycles American! Cheers! Fernando



No comments:

Post a Comment