Monday 26 August 2024

The gadget of Ferrarissima 6

Due to some research I was doing I hit this edition of Ferrarissima. I do happen to have edition 3 and 5.
Nr 3 does have a great article about the 412 which includes the line up from the start. And Nr. 5 has a great article about the Lancia Thema 8.32, another personal favorite. 

Another personal favorite listed in this book is the Fiat Dino, Yes another linkage with Ferrari, but that was not the trigger. When flicking through the index I noticed it was covering the Ferrari V12 engine history and of course the 365/400/412 was quite well covered. In fact quite a bit of supporting photo's and details are included of the 412 engine. Even with the mention of the mechanics who worked on these engines. This is only something I found out once I had the book.

But the hidden gem was the included cross-sectional drawing of the 412's engine. It's folded up in the back sleeve pocket. How cool is that?

It measures about 115 x  48 cm

So as soon as I found out I tried to get ahold of this book. The first edition was published in a batch of 5000 pieces. These are sold out and if you are able to find one they are priced a bit higher then the other available copies of these series. They also created a new special limited reprint of 1000 pieces. If you buy a used one check beforehand if this does include the 412 engine drawing. The new edition have them included as well. So that's the one I bought. In my case I bought it at www.autolit.eu  One of the best automotive literature sellers in Europe if not worldwide. I believe I bought the last one in his stock but you can doublecheck with him or else find a different source.

Next thing to do is to have it framed and put it up the wall.







No comments:

Post a Comment