Tuesday 3 August 2021

Let me sell you a Ferrari - A dealer's Memoir

 A fairly new book that got published in May 2021. And it does have interesting material covered related to the 400. Chapter 7 is called "Automatico" and does provide historical information regarding the usage of the automatic in a Ferrari. Chapter "Madame Ibarra" is an interesting one as that reveals how a new 400i was ordered via grey import (Paris) and sold locally in the USA.

I managed to read a lot using Google books but on a 2nd attempt many pages appears to be limited. Have a try yourself via:

https://books.google.nl/books?id=xLkxEAAAQBAJ&lpg=PP1&dq=let%20me%20sell%20you%20a%20ferrari&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=let%20me%20sell%20you%20a%20ferrari&f=false

Or simply order it, I think it's a nice read. 


Update 4-8-2021: So yes, I bought the e-book, it's cheaper and the hardcopy is not available in my country (yet). And yes, both chapters did mention quite a bit about the 400i, including some photo's.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! BTW, I think your blog here is really excellent especially as I've recently acquired a 400 myself and want to find out as much about these cars as I can. I have read your magazine articles too (well the ones in english) and hopefully when I get my car (long story) I will start posting details of it too! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete