Tuesday 8 June 2021

Ferrari 412 radio & amplifier - Blaupunkt

Recently I was approached by a Dutch 412 owner who had issue's with his radio. Well, mostly with the speaker output. The original car radio was replaced by a Becker and now he was in doubt if there was a supporting amplifier. And if so, where it would be located in the car.

It is my understanding that these cars were delivered without radio from the factory. And on request one could be supplied and installed by the local dealer. However, I have seen many 412s all supplied with the same radio model: Blaupunkt New York SQR 05

As such I suspect these came standard delivered with the car. Since they are mentioned in the parts list I'm pretty sure this is the case:

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/412-mechanical/cooling-heating/cooling-electric-fans-heating-windscreen-washer-and-radic-31642


Apparently there are two parts numbers mentioned for the radio (item 13) - not sure about the difference.


Since I had checked this I could see also the amplifier is displayed on the parts list. The radio was already checked OK with speakers hooked up directly. Now we know this it was still unclear where the amplifier was located.


It was not hidden in the midconsole:


But it was located in the boot:


As such I now know the exact type and model: Blaupunkt Quadro Amplifier BQA 80 7.607.393.010

See more details specified in this link:

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/blaupunkt_quadro_amplifier_bqa_80_7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment