Saturday 29 May 2021

Road & Track magazine

 I don't recall exactly how I bumped into this one but I think I spotted this book on Ebay:

I have not come across it before so I had to do a little research. By now I know it's some kind of year book which has an overview of all the cars with a small photo and a little summary on the specs. 

During my research I ended up on this blog: 

https://simanaitissays.com/2014/10/24/wprld-cars-1972/

Turned out he was an engineering editor for Road & Track for many years. I quickly checked my Google drive library and to my surprise I noticed there aren't any publications from this magazine in my archive. So he kindly checked for me and only found the following:

A mention of a cabriolet conversion in January 1982, p. 96. And a mention of the automatic shown at Paris, February 1977. This one has a good quote by Doug Nye: "The release of the first automatic Ferrari instilled a faintly sinking feeling and it was left to the fighting spirit shown by the latest 5-liter Boxer Berlinetta... (see attached scan). 


When further checking I ran into this amazing website:

https://www.magazinecollector.net/magazines/cars/

A huuuuuge collection of car magazines globally with a great index and search functionality. I spend quite a bit of time to view many great covers. I also made another search on the Road & Track magazines and found this one:


You will understand I'm quite keen to obtain a copy for my archive or else a electronic copy of this article. And they are available on Ebay for a few dollars only. But the shipping costs are an insane price of  20 US Dollars! Maybe one of the US readers does have this publication or can send me an electronic copy, so I can share it with everyone.

Update 31-5-2021: A kind reader approached me and will get ahold of the magazine and send me a scan/photo's of the article. Many thanks Otto!

No comments:

Post a Comment