Friday 12 February 2021

Ferrari Factory 1977 - OH YEAH!

Earlier this week someone posted a photo a vintage photo on Facebook in a specific car group I follow. I noticed this watermark and as such I looked it up. Turned out the watermark was pointing towards www.revsinstute.org  I wasn't aware of this one. Apparently it's an automotive museum with a huge online photo library. And you can guess it, I used the search option and typed Ferrari 400. And presto, this unique photo popped up:



The item description mentions the year 1977 and Ferrari Factory. The photographer is John Thomas. I made an attempt to do a little more Google research regarding him but apparently it's a very common name and quite a few in the photo business as well. Typical. 

In any case, I noticed he made quite a few photo's about specific race events. But then I noticed he had made a complete series of the Ferrari Factory visit in 1977. And that revealed so many more unique photo's and quite a few did had 400's on it as well but clearly did not use that label in the description. How cool is that! So pleased with this great addition of unique material.  Although I made the selection with 400 material only it's definitely worthwhile to check out the complete series.

So here goes, click to enlarge, enjoy:

On this photo you can see 2x 400 in the background


On this photo you can see 2x 400 in the top right corner on the bridge


This one was a bit of a shocker, I spotted Lucas oil filters! Always thought originally UFI was fitted.


How cool is this shot, only 1x 400 spotted


In this warehouse shot I can only spot 1x 400


On this parking place I spotted 3x 400


Well ...

This one revealed another surprise. It was my understanding the radio's were ordered and fitted locally by the dealer and not in the factory. I'm now very curious to know which brand and model this particular radio is, anyone?

Update: Yes, it's a Voxson Stereo Cassette FM


My favorite oil brand can not be missed out. Love this period factory shot


At least 1x 400 in the workshop



You want to see more factory photo's? On the sidebar there is a section called "blog labels" one of them is listed as "factory" Just click it.

No comments:

Post a Comment