Monday 28 October 2019

Book : Pininfarina Cinquantanni

A very nice book I recently purchased. I can't believe it took me this long to discover and buy it. The trigger was due to a roadtrip with my Fiat 130 Coupe to Italy to attend the 50th anniversary meeting in Milan. For this trip I had spend some additional days in Turin and visited the Pininfarina museum at their headquarters in Cambiano. But additional I arranged a meet up with designer Paolo Martin at the Pininfarina Windtunnel in Grugliasco. At this meet up I had some retrospective photo's taken based on historical photo's with Sergio Pininfarina, Renzo Carli and the Fiat 130 Coupe. Furthermore I also went to the restaurant in Tortana where Pininfarina in 1951 made the partnership deal with Enzo Ferrari. Due to all of this I stumbled upon this book. Although I haven't read it yet it did contain much uniqe and beautiful (of course) photographic material. I was very happpy to see some 400 pictures regarding the build up in their factory. Find them hereby enclosed.

PS Note the new option regarding the "like" and "dislike" option at the bottom of each blog post. It was a suggestion by one of the readers






No comments:

Post a Comment