Monday 3 September 2018

Antwerp Concours 2018 - Rain Man : Ferrari 400 vs Lamborghini Countach

Last week I was approached by someone if  I could participate with my 400 at the Antwerp Concours. They were looking for a 400 to participate to make a small tribute to the movie Rain Man along with two Lamborghini Countaches. Apparently it was 30th years ago this movie was presented. And as might be known it does have a very cool opening scene with Italian cars. So this was a very nice opportunity to promote the 400 and also attend this classy event. But it was very short notice and bad timing for me as I had other important things on my radar to finish that week. On Friday evening I was able to give the green light and my commitment to attend. The weather was going to be great as well so I was really looking forward to it. And it would also be a good test after it's last maintenance and a nice proper drive.

More details about this event: http://www.antwerpconcours.be/

Also my son joined last minute when I told him about the Countaches and the small parade we were going to join. He too had to make an arrangement to get his work covered.


And as can be seen they managed to get ahold of another candidate, however with a 412. I recognized the owner as I had met him 5 years ago at the Ferrari 400 Brussels event arranged by the European 400 Club - see blog: https://erwin400.blogspot.com/2013/11/ferrari-400-international-club-meeting.html


And the small parade at the front of the Chateau











The rainman photo collage which was printed out at large:




And afterwards parking at the back next to some nice Masers




So yes, a very enjoyable day and all went very smooth. Glad I was able to make it.

More photo's taken at this event can be seen here

https://autorai.nl/fotoverslag-antwerp-concours-2018/

Update 5-sept-2018: And this nice photo got posted on their FB page:



And additionally this drone video got posted on YT:

No comments:

Post a Comment