Sunday 28 October 2018

DING DONG! - 5 Years of Ferrari 400 blogging!

Yes, 5 years of blogging about the Ferrari 400. It has become quite a journey. It also means I'm a happy 400 owner for more than 5 years. The blog only started as I wanted to keep track about my 400. It started with this specific blog with a small story, which I still recall very well due to the unexpected meet up with Mr. Kroymans himself:

http://erwin400.blogspot.com/2013/10/friday-18th-october-2013-taxation.html

What a strange start of the blog and even without a proper introduction. The following specific blog is one that received many views. It also describes again my reasoning and is one of the few blogs I did put some effort in writing up a decent story:

http://erwin400.blogspot.com/2014/12/enzo-ferrari-dino-taggliazucchi-chic.html

As pointed out, I'm not a great writer and I have no desire to become one. Besides that, it takes up much time to write a decent blog. Even the marginal blogs I have been making does eat up time. First of all it's the daily scavenger job and digest the information. Meaning I have to go over the Google, Ebay, Facebook, Twitter and other searches/notifications. In case of hardcopy magazine/book articles it means scanning them and change them in the right format (JPG or PDF). Or simply make photo's about items. Consequently upload them, update the records, update the blog, say something sensible about it and make links to the photos/items/etc.

So how well is the blog being read? Well, here are some stats.

No surprise, the USA is the number one. Surprisingly Russia is the number two:

So which blog posting did had the most pageviews (I don't have a logical explanation for these stats):


As for referrals it's dominated by Google, no surprise there. But mind you, this blog has "robot.txt" disabled - meaning it's not indexed/crawled by the search machines spiders. This is also why my blog does not show up in the first few pages of the Google search results if you search for Ferrari 400. I deliberately left it like this to reduce the noise and unwanted attraction.


And as for attraction; on average the blog gets about 100 visits a day and roughly 4000 visits per month. This is pretty steady over the past few years. You will see some remarkable peeks though which I can't explain fully - although I sometimes notice a temporary increase from a specific region/country, meaning someone discovered the blog and goes wild over all the blogs, causing the stats to grow ;-)



As can be seen in the last snapshot, in total the blog had 270k pageviews.

So how many blogs did I produce?


In total I made 1342 blogs in 5 years. So on average that's a blog per 3,7 days. Over the past years the blog frequency has been declining and this is mostly because running out of unique material.

So what's next? I have decided just to continue as the 400 keeps fascinating me and I expect I will have some more memorable events coming up. Any input for my blog is welcomed, my email details can be found at the bottom in the "my profile" section,

Your 400 supporter with a smile,

Erwin

No comments:

Post a Comment