Monday 26 August 2019

Concours d'Elegance 2019 Paleis Soestdijk - Fiat 130 Coupe

So I attended the past weekend the Dutch Concours d'Elegance at the Royal Dutch Palace in Soestdijk. Not did I only attend I also particpated in the National concours organized by Octance Magazine. And no, not with the 400. I was hoping or expecting at least some Ferrari's of Prince Bernhard would have been lined up. I thought I had read somewhere the 412 would be present. But this was not the case. Note this palace was his residence at the time. Previously the concours was always held at the Palace het Loo. Nor did I spot a 400 on the classic and the public parking place either. Bummer!

As an exception I now use this opportunity to flash my latest purchase since it's closely related. It's a Fiat 130 Coupe 3200 Automatic.


A very nice fit with the 400. And I have seen it before there are other owners who have this combination in their garage as well. To be really complete a Rolls Royce Camargue should be part of such a collection. I only know of one owner who has such set in his collection. How cool is that!? I too have seen once one owner in the USA who had instead a very nice Lancia Gamma Coupe as a collection of three.

I happen to have a Lancia Thema 8.32 which actually fits nicely too. I'm not sure if this collection grew this way due to wishful thinking. But at the time when I bought the 8.32 I was considering other cars too, the Fiat 130 Coupe was one of them. But I choose the 8.32 because of it's unique concept. I still dig it after 10 years of ownership. Not much later I wanted to have a classic true Gran Turismo which became the 400. And now I'm ending up having the 130 coupe as well. 

This all nicely leads to this blog:


So I call my set:  "Enzo's Choice"






Find below some more photo's  for comparisson between the 400 and the 130. The following blog is perhaps a nice addition too:

https://erwin400.blogspot.com/2014/12/ferrari-400-design-pininfarina-leonardo.html











Oh, and I didn't won a price at the Concours ... 

If you fancy the Fiat 130 Coupe then the following website is potentially the best source on the internet: www.fiat130.nl 

1 comment:

  1. Both beautiful. I prefer the glasshouse of the 400, but the side body panels of the 130.

    ReplyDelete